Report a Claim
Prompt claims’ reporting is critical to the process of bringing claims to a successful resolution.
Members aware of any actual or potential claim must report it immediately. If a member receives a formal notice or statement of claim, the notice must be reported in writing to the insurer within 30 days. Please refrain from making any written or oral statements to the claimant, unless the insurer or adjuster advises to do so. Please do not offer to compensate a patient as such action could interfere legally with the management of a claim.
Should a member seek independent legal services for a potential claim, any fees associated with such services may not be recuperated under the policy limits unless notice has been provided to the insurer before such legal representation commences.
In the event of a potential claim or if a member is formally served with a statement of claim, members should follow the guidelines below:
- Immediately report any potential claim to BMS Group
- Formally document the incident, including details of those involved
- Submit any formal statement of claim to BMS Group
- Report any regulatory investigations or notice of complaint within 30 days
Members Should Not
- Speak with any third parties about the claim
- Assume any legal fees before reporting a claim
- Offer compensation to independently settle a claim
- Amend or change any previous medical records once a statement of claim has been received
Members who are aware of a claim or potential claim should contact BMS Group directly at 1-844-583-7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org